Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Just Another Sunless Day...

Are you kidding me? I did something today that I almost NEVER do, and that is take a day off in the almost middle of the week just to go relax, get some sun, have some fun, eat some good food, drink some good drink and chill at the beach... Not to be a Debbie Downer, but...yes, today, I will be Debbie Downer at your service!

This morning started out to be a glorious day. The sun was shining, I watched 3 hours of Big Brother After Dark on my DVR, packed up my car and was off to a faraway beach with my daughter-in-love. We stopped to pick up some ice and giant subs and off we went to Crescent Beach....oops....Rain on I95. Okay, not to worry, just a shower, no big deal.

We arrived at the visitor parking at a condo complex...what a great place to stay...another time! Okay I digress...back to our day. We unloaded chairs, coolers, bags with towels, even my little teeny tiny pink umbrella to protect our belongings and made the trek down to the beach. Of course, by now it was starting to rain but we just knew it would pass over....so we poured an adult beverage and proceeded to get soaked!!!!

Finally we carried a few things back to the car and decided to wait it out for about 15 minutes. Lianna even checked out the weather channel on her phone and we were determined to be 'faith personified'. Guess what! It didn't work. We finally went back down to the beach and gathered our belongings and decided to head back to her house to hang out at the pool. And guess what again?

It was raining there too! So after unloading a ton a soaked stuff out of the car, we ate our subs in her kitchen and then ventured out to the pool (which, by the way, was so warm!). The rain let up but the sun was incognito....

Thus my Debbie Downer post...here are a few parting pictures from my day off at the beach!





So tell me how you really feel!

1 comment:

Lianna Knight said...

Still can't believe it....you KNOW the rest of the week it will be BLAZING hot, right???