Monday, June 29, 2009

A Little Excitement...

Well, it's been a while since I posted...not sure I even remember how! You all have the heard the expression, "all dressed up with no place to go", haven't you? Well, that's kind of how I've felt ever since my new blog design came to life. To be absolutely honest, there just hasn't been much to post about. The summer seems to have gotten off to a slow start for me and there just hasn't been anything going on...no cooking, no exciting trips, no nothing. . .

Until last Friday. And not to be repetitive, but to be once again to be completely honest, I totally missed it. I'm not sure if I'm living under a rock, I'm just in my own little world or what, but check this out!


From the parking lot of my office!

I happened to leave work a little early Friday afternoon and missed all the excitement. This was taken by my co-worker, Tiffany, on her cell phone from the parking lot of our office. From what I understand, this water spout or funnel cloud made its way all along the St. John's River, so it could pretty much be seen from just about any location in Jacksonville...IF, and only IF, you were looking. . . which, of course, I wasn't.

Having lived in both Oklahoma and Texas, it looks kind of skinny to me, but I'm sure seeing in the 'flesh' probably caused one to feel quite a rush! Sorry I missed it!

2 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

OMG!!! I was wondering what Tracy was talking about on twitter the other day. SCARY!!

Annell said...

Truly scary. We have seen water spouts out on the water when we used to fish in the bays around here. We always headed for dry land.
Glad to see your new design. It is very pretty.
Annell