Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Meat Loaf...Microwave Style

My South Carolina sister, Dottie, (actually, she's my only sister) sent this recipe to me the other day. She got it from her sister-in-law probably 10 years ago and never looked back. While I haven't tried this version yet, it sounds delicious so I wanted to share it with you.

Microwave Meat Loaf

Sauce:

8 oz. tomato sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. prepared mustard

Meat Loaf:

2 lbs. ground beef
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup cracker or bread crumbs
1 pkg Lipton dry onion soup
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Mix the sauce together and set aside.

Combine all the other ingredients and add half of the sauce – stir thoroughly - feel free to use your hands! It's much easier and does a much better job!
Place in a microwaveable round casserole or bundt pan. Pour the remaining sauce on top. Cook on full power for 14-16 minutes or until temperature of 160 degrees is reached.

And there you have it! Looks delicious, doesn't it? And...now I'm hungry... And...now I'm off to see what I can have for dinner!

Oh, but before I go, I want to remind you to be sure and save enough for the ever-popular meat loaf sandwiches the next day...

Now I'm REALLLLLLLLLLLY hungry!



No comments: